Throw Away Society
Americans throw away nearly half their food every year, waste worth roughly $165 billion annually, according to a study released on Tuesday.
“As a country, we’re essentially tossing every other piece of food that crosses our path. That’s money and precious resources down the drain,” said Dana Gunders, a scientist with the Natural Resources Defense Council’s food and agriculture program.
The NRDC report said Americans discard 40 percent of the food supply every year, and the average American family of four ends up throwing away an equivalent of up to $2,275 annually in food.
12 Notes/ Hide
- sabelmouse reblogged this from thurmansnotebook
- gravity-rainbow likes this
- thurmansnotebook reblogged this from gardenup
- spam420 reblogged this from gardenup
- gardenofsongs likes this
- infectiouslearning reblogged this from gardenup
- makesomethingood likes this
- beyondloveandhate reblogged this from frankmunstah
- frankmunstah reblogged this from gardenup
- gardenup posted this