My first couple years of gardening, I couldn’t figure out why anyone ever talked about having too much to harvest. Now that my garden is finding its stride, I’m realizing: There’s no way our families can eat all this produce!
Shannon of Pineapples & Artichokes found me this list of resources to help find a place to donate extra garden harvests. I used AmpleHarvest.org (just input a ZIP code) to discover that the food bank nearest me accepts donations of produce. I wrote the director and discovered I can bring over my tons o’ garlic and greens next Wednesday morning.
9 Notes/ Hide
- armsofthesea reblogged this from sabelmouse
- nikkfit reblogged this from gardenup and added:
- sabelmouse reblogged this from dailyresillience
- dailyresillience reblogged this from gardenup
- gravity-rainbow likes this
- gardenup reblogged this from hobomama
- greenspirited reblogged this from hobomama
- gardenup likes this
- hobomama posted this