Vermont farmer crushes 7 police cars with tractor over pot arrest
A Vermont farmer used his tractor to crush seven Orleans County Sheriff’s Department squad cars on Thursday because he was angry about being arrested on marijuana charges last month.
“It’s more than half our fleet,” Chief Deputy Sheriff Phil Brooks explained to the Burlington Free Press. “We have 11 cars.”
Roger Pion, 34, allegedly flattened five marked cruisers and two unmarked vehicles, including a van used for transporting prisoners. A car belonging the the department’s bookkeeper was also damaged as the tractor pushed it to clear a path to the squad cars.
“It was a massive tractor,” Newport Express Publisher Ken Wells told the Free Press. “It has four six-foot tandem wheels on the back. It was red. It must be at least a 15-ton tractor.”
“It’s pretty much the biggest tractor you can get,” Police Chief Seth DiSanto agreed.
The suspect ditched the tractor about two miles from the crime scene and then fled on foot before being apprehended, according to WCAX. He has been turned over to the Vermont State Police.
22 Notes/ Hide
- duffy1963 likes this
- blu3rsx likes this
- ashleymisfit reblogged this from sparrow-medicine
- themovedmind likes this
- ringratt reblogged this from shitberries
- tofueggsandbakey reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes and added:
- labradoritemoon likes this
- brideofthesun reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes
- waveschocolatenetflix reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes
- worcesterfell reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes and added:
- darkthoughtsbrightdays reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes
- xoxo-pizzaboy reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes
- ordnungsokonomik likes this
- shitberries reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes
- girtabaix reblogged this from aghoulistmike
- aghoulistmike reblogged this from eckleburgs-eyes
- eckleburgs-eyes reblogged this from gardenup and added:
- ojlefty reblogged this from gardenup
- dirtroadsandcowgirlsomesitup reblogged this from gardenup
- gardenup posted this